Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Weekly Blog Post

For this week, the game that I got to play was Yakuza 3 for the PS3. I haven't played a PS3 game in a while, and I have to say that this game kinda sucked in terms of its core gameplay since it involves a lot of running around and reading blocks of scrolling text. Although the game is heavy on the reading, I did enjoy the game as the story had many twists and turns to keep me interested as well as a wide variety of "random" activities. They activities themselves also keep the game interesting. The graphics for the game were decent, but I think they definitely could have been better. Audio was on the lower end of the scale, since a lot of the sounds were repeating and weren't as real as I had hoped they would be.

As usual, here is a gameplay video:


As for the update on the game progress, the programming side seems to be the farthest ahead but there is still a lot of work to be done. Having all the models completed only a few days ago means we have more work to do. To add to the work, a lot of the rendering work now has to be converted so it is done in the hardware rather than software because of the lag. We still have to do menu, glow, power ups, as well as putting them altogether (throwing in sound and particles into the main version). There's a long way to go over these next 2 weeks but I'm sure the game will turn out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment